Monday, April 20, 2009

Life

Sometimes i am a little anxious, or up tight about how i feel living, and attending OCC. This academic journey has been very challenging. I don't think i would ever thought that i would go through the things i went through. It is interesting that Erik Erickson has this final stage in his concept of life-span development called integrity vs. despair. A stage that most 60+ year old people will embrace. It is a time where one will either look back at their wisdom, decision-making, and choices, and either be happy, or unhappy. They will more than likely be filled with some regret, but the maturity comes from excepting the life they chose, and continuing to live life enjoying the future they still have with their kids, their friends they still have, and the people they are currently investing and caring for. I know a) i'm not 60; b) i have lost that many friends to death, adn c) there are more people investing in me than those who i invest in. But i have enjoyed this journey at this institution, and am glad that i put faith into a collegiate choice, that has taken me down this path. When i graduated i had this verse written all over the place, although some might find it to be a cliche, i find it to be comforting, and encourgaing.

Jeremiah 29:11-14, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment